Bodacious Broccoli Salad
This weeks recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
- 8 Slices of bacon
- 2 heads fresh broccoli
- 1 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mayo
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, and crumble.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, cheese, bacon and onion.
- Prepare the dressing in a small bowl by whisking together the red wine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Combine dressing with salad. Cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.