Baked Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons instant tapioca
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 strips celery, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 slice bread, cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the stew meat; drain and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the tomatoes, water, tapioca, beef bouillon granules, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beef, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion, and bread cubes. Pour into the prepared baking dish.
- Cover and bake for 2 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
This weeks recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com