This weeks recipe courtesy of Celestial Smith of the Montanian
4 eggs, separated
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 cups of buttermilk
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
2 cups of flour
1/4 cups of butter, melted
- in a mixing bowl, beat together yolks, sugar and buttermilk.
- Add 1/2 cup of flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix thoroughly
- Add remaining flour and beat in melted butter. Set aside.
- Whip egg whites until light and fluffy then fold into batter.
- In an aebleskiver pan, add batter to each slot until half full.
- Cook each side for approx. 5 minutes using a toothpick to flip.
- Serve and enjoy!