Pesto Spaghetti Squash Skillet with Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage
This weeks recipe courtesy of allrecipes.com
1 medium spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14 ounce) package Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage, bias-sliced 1/2-inch thick
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup pre-made basil pesto
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. With a fork, pierce squash halves several times. Rub the inside of the halves with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- On a foil-lined, rimmed baking sheet, arrange squash, flesh side down. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Cook and stir sausage, red pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until sausage is browned and pepper and onion are crisp-tender.
- Cool baked squash slightly. Shred insides with a fork. Add spaghetti squash to skillet and cook and stir until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Just before serving, carefully stir in pesto and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.