Support Our Pollinators!
Get Kids Involved!
Pass down a love of nature and plants to kids. There are lots of opportunities for hands-on learning experiences outside.
Clean Up Plastic in Your Neighborhood
Go on a walk with a trash bag and help to clean up any plastic that you find.
Plant a Tree!
They capture carbon, cool overheated places, benefit agriculture, support pollinators, reduce the risk of disease transmission, and boost local economies.
|Yaak River. Photo Courtesy of Courtney Pulver|
Ross Creek Cedars. Photo Courtesy of Yvonne Resch
|Warming Hut at Big Creek Baldy. Photo Courtesy of Connie Sweet
23 Ways to Reuse Newspaper
- Use them instead of paper towels to wash windows.
- Roll them into tubes and let the children create awesome play structures.
- Make paper cups for seedlings.
- Roll into beads for jewelry.
- Use to make fire starting logs.
6.Reuse as giftwrap.
- Place over spills to absorb liquids.
- Shred to use as garden mulch.
- Shred to use as gift basket filler.
- Scrunch up and place in the refrigerator, empty ice chests, or shoes to absorb odors.
- Scrunch them into balls and pack in unused shoes to help them keep their shape.
13.Place at the bottom of trash bins to make cleaning them easier.
14.Cover windows with newspaper to protect them from splatter while painting.
- Pack in luggage to help absorb odors.
16.Keep some in the car for cleaning windshields.
17.Keep some in the car for making a makeshift funnel for adding oil or other fluids in an emergency.
18.Shred and use as pet bedding.
19.Cut into small squares to keep in the bathroom or purse for blotting lipstick.
20.Cut into small squares to use as confetti.
21.Stuff them into wet boots or shoes to help them dry.
22.Wrap up your fruit to help them ripen more quickly.
23.Craft it using one of the million ideas on